Monday, June 20, 2011

VACATION PICTURES (HO HUM)

Bear with me while we look at just a few more pictures that will give you a flavor of last week. (Just be thankful you don't have to sit through all of them.) This first one is a beach on the Indian Ocean where I happened upon this three legged alien creature. He gave me no trouble.





Yes, we did see hippos totally out of the water, but I thought this was a neat picture (and I'm calling the shots here).



The hippo pan at sunset



Hippopotami
If I haven't manipulated these too much. you should be able to double click on a picture to enlarge it.







Zebra and red duiker under a full moon.










Some days Mo wasn't feeling very well, but she always had her binoculors with her and was always birding. She saw some big birds...







...and little birds.









A male impala with his harem.











A male impala who has lost a horn. Some days are like that.
Debbie didn't seem to feel as bad after seeing this.







We saw the largest warthogs we've ever seen. Notice the one in the middle has a head on both ends--quite rare even in deepest Africa.








I'm not stickin' my neck out, but I think we saw giraffe.









A view of Africa as we were climbing toward Hilltop Lodge. Magnificent valleys in grand expanses.








An impala with two Burchell's zebra, one immature.







I took 24 pictures of varying stages of the eclipse; this one is just prior to totality when the moon turned deep, blood red.



I have a few hundred more but, come to think of it, nobody asked to see even these, so this concludes my presentation. You know where to find me.

1 comment:

  1. great photos...... you must have some photographic experience in your background !!!

    What an adventure you are having!!! Here, I get to see wildlife too --- 2 dogs and 5 cats and a few deer eating our flowers.

    Mike Jessup

    ReplyDelete